The '5 Minute Policy Checklist' is to help staff in undertaking a quick 'reality check' on policy advice being prepared or considered.
How to use it
The checklist is a simple sense test to confirm that:
- risks and controls have been identified and reflected in advice
- relevant consultations were undertaken
- the advice is complete and accurate
- management review process are established and followed
- processes followed and methods for devising outputs have been documented and put on file.
While the checklist is aimed at policy advice, it really can apply to any form of advice.
Resources to download