A conceptual framework for incorporating consideration of wellbeing in policy advice.
It basically identifies five dimensions that have an impact on individual wellbeing:
- The set of opportunities available
- The distribution of those opportunities
- The sustainability of those opportunities
- The overall level and allocation of risk
- The complexity of the choices
This framework provides broad context and direction for considering wellbeing in policy advice, and it acts as a high level reminder of things to be concerned about. So we’d recommend reviewing the dimensions in light of your policy, and having a discussion about what’s important and what the trade-offs are.